Here we go! Monday March 2nd! A few of us here at Natural Therapeutics are embarking on cleansing our insides, cutting out processed foods and taking out the SUGAR (except in its natural form like fruit!). We will keep you updated on our Progress! Some of us chose the 14 day cleanse and some chose the 28 day cleanse. Check out this Vital Nutrients Cleanse if you would like to learn more and join in. We now carry this line of vitamins and supplements for your health and wellness needs!
Day 1: I have to be honest! Coffee was the hardest for me to cut out…so I have not yet (Hey, I’m not Perfect) But I did exchange my half and half for coconut milk and my sugar in the raw for local honey! I mixed the VitaClear with coconut milk, frozen strawberries, and a banana! Doesn’t taste bad at all!
Basically these are the foods that we have to avoid
▪ Gluten: wheat, barley, rye, spelt, kamut, and triticale
▪ Dairy: milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, butter, whey, casein
▪ Eggs: yolks or whites, commonly allergenic
▪ Peanuts/Peanut Butter: commonly allergenic and high in mold
▪ Corn: high glycemic index and not well tolerated
▪ Soy: commonly allergenic
▪ Alcohol: beer, wine, hard alcohol
▪ Caffeine: coffee, soda, tea, energy drinks
▪ Refined Sugar: candy, cakes, jam/jelly, syrups, canned fruits, soda
▪ Processed Meats: pork, sausage, frankfurters, cold cuts
▪ Yeast-Containing or -Promoting Foods: vinegar, mushrooms, cheese
▪ Nightshade Vegetables: tomato, eggplant, bell pepper, potato
And These Foods We can Enjoy as much as we Like!
Filtered Water, sparkling water, and herbal tea
▪ Non-Glutenous Whole Grains and Flours: brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, chickpea or bean flour, arrowroot, tapioca, gluten-free oats
▪ Non-Dairy Alternatives: rice or hemp milk, nut milk (if no allergies are present), nut or tapioca cheese
▪ Nuts & Seeds: raw nuts or seeds, almond butter, cashew butter, tahini, sunflower seed butter
▪ Fresh or unsweetened frozen fruit: try to choose low glycemic fruits (ie. berries) and avoid high glycemic fruits (ie. dates or raisins)
▪ Lean Animal Protein: organic poultry, lamb, venison, bison, cold water fish (ie. halibut, salmon, sardines)
▪ Vegetarian Protein: try easy-to-digest beans, such as adzuki beans and lentils. Cook with a piece of kombu (seaweed) to increase digestibility.
▪ Fresh Vegetables: fresh vegetables are preferred but frozen are acceptable. Avoid canned or creamed vegetables. Try to include cruciferous vegetables which include broccoli, kale, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, watercress, radishes, and cabbage
Stay Tuned and Wish us Luck!